Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

worry

I am reading Max Lucado's new book "Fearless".  It is all about our fears and worries.  He made a statement that I read yesterday that really hit home.  "Seek first the kingdom of weath, and you'll worry over every dollar.  Seek first the kingdom of health, and you'll sweat over every blemish and bump.  Seek first the kingdom of popularity, and you'll relive every conflict.  Seek first the kingdom of safety, and you'll jump at every crack of the twig. But seek first His kingdom, and you will find it. On that we can depend and never worry." - Max Lucado.
I find this so true about everything.  When ever I worry it just seems to magnify whatever I am worrying about.  This is a very good book and I will post a full review when I finish it but I thought I would share these thoughts today.

The homeschool link for today is who's who and what's what.  This is a current events quiz from the New York Times that runs M-F during the school year.  If they don't know the answers the quiz links to an article where  they can find the answer.
  

No comments: