Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Movie Monday

These past couple of weeks have been just one thing after another.  First my oldest daughter moved back home.  So far so good.  Then my husband started a new job.  This is an adjustment as he basically works nights and gets home around lunch time.  He needs to get his body clock into this new schedule. 
Lastly I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.  I have been trying to learn what I can, watching what I eat.  So far I have lowered my blood sugar but need to get it even better.  I have lost 8 pounds and today I started an exercise routine.  I had side effects to the medication that I was put on so we lowered the dose and so far so good.

This weekend was filled with movies. 

I watched (my husband watched bits and pieces) (spoilers)


True Grit  the remake.  It was okay but there was quite a bit of violence that left nothing to the imagination.  One outlaw got his fingers cut off. Glad that I got this from netflix and didn't see it in theaters.  I much prefer the original starring John Wayne. Maybe I will see if it is on Netflix.  OR if not I will look for it on TCM.




Hannah and I went to see:;



Thor.  This was a good action adventure.  I can see how it would appeal to boys but Hannah and i enjoyed it too.  There was violence in this movie also but not as graphic.  The battle scenes reminded me a bit of Lord of the Rings.  The scenes taking place on earth were cute and humorous.  Defnitely worth putting on your netflix list. 

Hannah watched


My Girl

I told her she would cry and she did. 

Hope everyone had a nice Father's Day.  We got my husband a hammock (we had one a couple of years ago but someone stole it ). 

Still couponing.  Last week got $47 worth of stuff for 39 cents.  I find that I do much better at the drugstores than at the grocery stores but every little bit helps.  I usually save around 50 % or better. 

Have a great day.

2 comments:

Becky K. said...

You are doing so well with your coupons. I am very impressed.

Great job on the weight loss and the lowering of your blood sugar. We are going to strive to eat much better over the next few months and try to make it a good habit.

Becky

Kelly said...

Thanks for the movie trailers. I love the original "True Grit". My dad was always a huge John Wayne fan, and when I was growing up I remember Sunday afternoons filled with either a John Wayne or a Shirley Temple movie.