Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Amazing Grace

Bible Curriculmn This is an excellent site to have your children work their way through studying the Bible.  It has a study that they can do on each of the books of Bible and they are pretty indepth.

My hubby and I watched the movie Amazing Grace over the week (found it in the bargain bin at Walmart for $5).  If you are not familiar with the movie it is about William Wilberforce and english man who fought to abolish slavery.  It was an interesting movie.  William's pastor was John Newton (he wrote the Hymn Amazing Grace).  Newton himself had been a captain of a slave ship and became convicted of his part in the slave trade.  Read the words yourself and meditate on just how much grace the Lord does give us.

   Amazing Grace (How sweet the sound)


That sav'd a wretch like me!

I once was lost, but now am found,

Was blind, but now I see.



'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,

And grace my fears reliev'd;

How precious did that grace appear,

The hour I first believ'd!



Thro' many dangers, toils and snare,

I have already come;

'Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,

And grace will lead me home.



The Lord has promised good to me.

His word my hope secures;

He will my shield and portion be,

As long as life endures.



Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,

And mortal life shall cease;

I shall profess, within the vail,

A life of joy and peace.



The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,

The sun forbear to shine;

But God, who call'd me here below,

Will be for ever mine.

No comments: