Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chili weekend

No that isn't a misspelling in the title.  I thought I would post my chili recipe in this post as the weather has turned and I turn to this recipe often.  My family loves this chili and it even has a place in our Christmas celebration as it is what we eat whieldecorating the Christmas tree.  I guess it is considered Cincinnati chili as it is little different than what most people think of when they think of chili.

Mindy's chili
I am just guessing at the amounts as I just kinda eye everything

Elbow macaroni  depending on how soupy you like you chili 1 cup to 2cups
1 can of chili beans
1 envelope of onion soup mix
hamburger  again depend on how much you like 1pound  (I usually use about 1 1/2 pounds as we like our chili meaty)
one can of tomato juice (the large cans found in the juice aisle)

put macaroni on to cook (cook till tender).  meanwhile brown hamburger.  I open both cans and add a bit of chili powder and the onion soup mix to the tomato juice.  drain macaroni and mix all ingredients together.  Add chili powder to taste.  Simmer until heated through.  serve with crackers.  Is even better the next day.





    

No comments: