Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

DVD boxed sets

-I have become addicted to buying boxed sets of tv shows that I love.  Amazon just makes it to easy.  I recently have bought Little House on the Prairie season one.  I have all the Waltons plus the movies that they made after the series ended.  I also have season one of I Love Lucy and the Dick Van Dyke show.  With nothing much on tv worth watching these days it is nice to sit back and relax and watch familiar friendly shows. Even though I know that I have watched these episodes I don't remember several of them and it feels like I am watching brand new tv.   My youngest also loves Lucy and recently she has taken up watching clips of Carol Burnett on YouTUbe (some of these are uncensored so she's not allowed to watch those) (I wish they offered this series in boxed sets). She also has been getting The Monkees on her Netflix (remember when ever Davey saw a girl he liked he'd get those sparkles in his eyes.)    I also bought the series of Boy Meets World, the whole series all 17 DVD's.  I have been buying most of them used.  I check the sellers rating at Amazon and I haven't had any problems yet.  I rotate the series so I don't get tired of them to soon.  I also plan on getting the next season when I am done with the one I have.  

That probably explains the state of my house.  I will admit I am not a great housekeeper.  I always say that the house looks lived in but right now it really just looks like a tornado went through.  I will be cleaning over the next several days to make sure that it is nice and clean for when my hubby gets home.  Sigh.                                                                                                         

No comments: