Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Our busy life

That title is really a misnomer.  We are not anymore busy than anyone else but it just seems like we can't get anything accomplished.  We had a good holiday weekend.  David took our daughters and one of Hannah's friends to a local demolition derby on Saturday and they had a blast.  Who knew that girls would like that kind of thing. 


Sunday we went to church and then just came home to relax.  Hannah went with her friend to a picnic that one of the families from church was hosting.  We had planned on going to a local park to see the fireworks but since they saw fireworks on Saturday night and it was hot and I didn't really want to deal with the crowds we decided to stay home and do nothing.  LOL. 

On Monday we had a small cookout and then Dave and I went to a local park and walked the trail.  The first place we went to we couldn't find the trail but we did find a covered bridge.

I hate the way I look in this picture.  I have lost some weight and the pants are a bit loose.  But I guess that is a good problem to have. 


This is us on the trail.

The green behind me is an interesting rock formation on the other side of the creek.


I have been walking quite a bit lately.  I have been discovering all the beautiful parks we have just within a short distance of our house and where I work.  I walked a trail near my work this past week.  I didn't walk the whole thing as it was five miles round trip but I did do half of it. 

Dave and I just recently finished listening to the Bible and we have started listening to Pilgrim's Progress.  I listen while I am walking.  I also just recently read a book (am rereading now) a book about Prayerwalking. (click on the link to read the first chapter of the book)  I plan to start doing that for the second half of my walk.  I have started to wear a pedometer to track how many steps I walk a day.  My goal right now is 5000.  It is recommended that your take 10000 steps a day so I thought I would work my way up.   I have been walking between 5000 and 8500 this past week. 

I am still couponing but we have gotten to a level with most of our supplies that I don't need to buy much every week.  I won't buy things just to be buying so either we need it or it's a really good buy.  I find that I get better use of my coupons at the drug stores. 

My Doctor was very pleased with my progress with the diabetes.  All my numbers are within the range they should be and my blood pressure even went down to the normal level which it hasn't been in years.  It is still a struggle everyday though trying to balance the food and everything.  A great sight that I have found is Sparkpeople.com.  I can keep track of my food, gloucose level and exercise all in one place.  It's free and it's for anyone who wants to lose weight or just have a healthier lifestyle.  Great Sight. 


Well that's all for now.  Hope everyone has a great day.   

1 comment:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

You are doing great with your walking!

Keep it up!

Deanna