Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Alice in Wonderland DVD



This is not the Alice in Wonderland that you usually think of,  this story occurs 13 years after the story that was written by Lewis Carroll.  Alice is grown up and on the verge of deciding what she is going to do with her life.  Marry or become like Aunt Imogene. 

I am not always thrilled with movies that wonder what will happen in the future to characters.  I am not always thrilled with Tim Burton movies.  I always seem to find them dark.  I think that the only one that I have liked is Edward Scissorshand and that was pretty dark also.  This movie is no different.  The characters are played over the top.  I hated the makeup that they gave to Anne Hathaway. 

My Husband and daughters all saw this in the theaters in 3D.  I think it would have been better in 3D.

The Special Features were interesting.  One I really liked was the one that they showed how the live action, animation, etc was done. 

This was actually one Disney Movie that I kinda wished I had rented instead of buying.  If you didn't see it in theaters I would recommend renting it first before buying.  If you saw it in 3D I would also recommend renting it first.

 I much prefer this Disney Alice in Wonderland. 

   

No comments: