Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

You aren't behind, you are just where God wants you to be

I was listening to an mp3 by Cindy Rushton on my way to work last night and she made the quote that I used as my title for this post.  Isn't that just the greatest thing!!.  I got to thinking about that and gave myself permission to let myself think that way.  I still have to keep plugging away at things but I do give myself permission not to beat myself up if I don't get everything done that I thought I should in a day.  I have come a long way since we started this adventure that we call homeschooling.  I use to have my lesson plans made out months at a time.  That was all well and good until a thing called life came and messed everything up.   My husband is a truck driver and is gone for usually a week or more at a time so when he comes home the school plans usually go out the window.  I learned to go with the flow.  I don't stress anymore if we don't get everything done.  We just move it to the next day.
Like today, my hubby has a stop in Lancaster so the plan is for me to go up to have lunch with him (I'm giving him his new phone the PalmPre Happy Birthday Dave!) so school will be alittle different today.  Now it's not as bad as when the kids were younger because Hannah is at an age that she can do school on her own with alittle guidance from me.  I have been thankful for homeschooling because the kids did get to see their dad more often because they were home when he was home.
A few things I wanted to mention, please don't get upset if this blog does not have perfect grammar.  I tend to write like I talk thus not grammatically perfect..  Also I noticed as I was browsing blogs yesterday that one of the blogs I did start following had the same entry title the day before.  I don't recall seeing it before I made my title but I apologize if I did and subconsciencely used it.
This is a balloon I saw on my way home from work yesterday.  If you look close you can see the flame.  I thought it was an interesting site kinda looming up out of the fog.
Our Curriculumn is what you would call eclectic to say the least.  I tend to just pull a bunch of things together and make my own hodgpodge of things.  This year is no exception.  I thought I would just share a few things that I use every day or so and hopefully it will be of use to others.  The first thing I thought I would share is what I have used for years for my children for grammar.  Ha.  I  have used Daily Grammar for years and have found it to be very useful.  I use to receive it in my e-mail everyday but they stopped doing that but you can still go to the website and use the lesson archive.  I usually do two lessons a day.  It is very much like Daily Grams but free.  Hope this helps someone else.

No comments: